We are very excited to launch Spindle USO donation drive!
For four weeks leading up to June 10th, we will be accepting donations of specific items listed below at Spindle locations. Week one will begin on Monday, May 14th and we will collect items through June 10th.
We will finish up with a boot camp style working at Spindle Fitness in Lincoln Park on June 10th at 12:30pm! After the fun, we will celebrate by packing all of the donated supplies for shipment oversees to our active duty service men and women!
Cost $15.50 (the price to ship one package)
To donate financially without attending, please visit click the link on the right.
Here are the specific item lists for each week of donating:
Week 1 MAY 14th - 20th
Smaller size or travel size preferred; no aerosol!
· Baby wipes
· Body lotion
· Feminine Hygiene Items
· Powdered detergent packs
· Dryer sheets
Week 2 May 21st - 27th
· Crossword puzzles
· iTunes gift cards
· Headphones/Ear buds
· DVDs (movies and TV series)
· Video games
Week 3 May 28th - june 3rd
Single size items preferred. Costco has a huge variety of items)
· Beef jerky
· Slim jims
· Ramen noodles
· Powdered drink mix
· Seasoning salt
· Coffee (instant, ground or K Cups)
· Granola/protein bars
· Trail Mix
· Dry Snacks
· Mixed nuts or peanuts
· Fruit cups
· Chewing Gum
· Hard Candy
week 4 June 4th - 10th
Joker’s Wild: You Choose Any of the Above
Other Rules & Regulations
· No aerosol containers
· No items that might melt or spoil (e.g., chocolate). Shipping takes 1-3 weeks)
· No pornography, alcohol, tobacco
· No fragile or irreplaceable items
MORE Ways to Donate!
· Postage. Each package costs $15.50 to ship.
· Spindle Camo T-shirts
· Participate in the group work out on 6/10; class fee covers postage
· Help us assemble the care packages on 6/10